24 September 2007

New social perspective

I love experiencing the forever changing environment we live in.

This morning I went to my local social security office to get a form I needed stamped and wow, I was I amazed. Gone were glass shielded booths and half drunk rolly smoking unshaven visitors (and that was just the women) of five years ago. Instead I was greeted by a modern, open plan environment with comfy seats to sit on whilst waiting and pleasant staff.

Gone was the victim attitude; it seemed you that whether you were there to try and get a better job or check on your benefit payments you felt respected and worthy of a posh job. One's perception of visiting the local social security office has changed to a business like place to help you better yourself, instead of just queuing for money.

The whole experience made peeling the parking ticket off my car outside so much easier to bear...

Damian Houston.

No comments: